30-Day Return Policy
At 1st Choice Furniture Direct, we understand that the purchase of furniture and home decor represents a significant investment, and we strive to ensure the complete satisfaction of all customers. Should a product you purchase from our Web-Site not match your expectations or needs,1st Choice abides by a conditional 30-day return policy and offers hassle and worry-free shopping experience.
As always, while your return is being processed our trained team of sales representatives will be happy to help you shop on our site for alternative furniture and decor options that might better match your personal style preferences.
Not all items are eligible for returns, and customers may be responsible for restocking fees or other fees associated with their return. Only products in “Like-New" condition will be eligible for returns. Items must be postmarked for return within 30 days of delivery to the customer to be eligible for a refund.
“Like-New" condition is defined as:
- An undamaged item in the original unmarked packaging
- An item that has not been installed or modified
- An item that includes all additional parts, accessories, and instruction manuals
To complete a return through 1st Choice please execute the following steps:
- Receive Authorization & Instructions
To initiate a return, have your order number ready and contact us through our online chat portal, by phone, or by email.
- Live Chat with a representative on our website
- Call Us Toll Free at 888-418-5958
- Contact Us
A Customer service representative will promptly review your order and create a Return Case, answering any questions you may have.
- Pack and Ship Your Item(s)
Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number will be issued by the manufacturer within 7-10 business days of the initiation of the return. At this point you must package your item for return shipping. See below for additional information regarding shipping fees and procedures.
- Ensure the item is well packed in its original packaging
- Attach the return label to the outside of the box
- Do not write on or mark on the box in any way other than to attach the return label
- We will monitor the return and handle any shipping issues that arise
- Complete Your Return
Once received by the manufacturer, returned items will be inspected to verify their “like-new" condition. Once “like-new" condition is confirmed we will process your credit associated with your return.
- Credit returns generally take less than 5 days to process, but may take as longer depending on a particular case
- You will be refunded via the same method by which the returned product(s) was originally purchased
Return Fees and Procedures
- All small items ship via UPS. 1st Choice will issue a prepaid a UPS return shipping label by email.
- Your packaged and labeled return may be dropped off at any UPS location or you may call 1-800-PICK-UPS to have your package picked up.
- Return shipping labels expire 2 weeks after the date of issue and will not be reissued by 1st Choice. It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange for the return of items before the expiration of issued shipping labels.
- Tracking information for your package will be provided, and you may monitor your return online while it is in transit.
- 1st Choice will be responsible for any damages or lost shipments incurred during return shipping.
- All large items ship by freight carrier. 1st Choice will coordinate with you and the freight company to determine a date and time for pick-up of large items.
- You are responsible to be physically present at the time of pick-up.
- Freight companies selected to retrieve products for return will be chosen at the discretion of 1st Choice.
In rare cases when item(s) arrive damaged, we will issue you a full refund for the damaged item(s) upon completion of your claim.
Restocking Fees and Return Shipping Costs
- If items are delivered in good condition and customer still chooses to return the product, 20% restocking fees and return shipping costs will be deducted from the refund for the return of undamaged, non-defective, “Like-New" items
- Customers placing exchange orders for equal or greater value will qualify for restocking fees to be waived.
Problems With Your Return
Filing a Dispute
Due to transit times, manufacturer’s practices, and other processes some returns may take longer to process than others. In the case of a long return process, we ask that you are patient and understanding of our need to abide by particular quality control methods before issuing your return. We do not recommend filing a charge back from your credit card company, as we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. In some cases charge back cases can take up to 180 days to resolve, and an open charge back case may void your eligibility to receive return credit of any kind.
Damaged Returned Item(s)
If an item(s) is returned and determined not to be in "Like-New" condition, 1st Choice reserves the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 50% of the purchase price as well as return shipping charges.
Item Returned Without an RGA
Items returned without an RGA are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee and based on the item, may be denied.
Exceptions and Items not Eligible for Return
Unfortunately, certain items purchased from 1st Choice are not eligible for returns. The following items, and returns received under the following conditions, will be ineligible for a return or refund credit.
- Replacement cushions are made to order and therefore are not eligible to be returned. Due to this policy from the manufacturer, we request you contact our sales team to verify you are ordering the correct cushions.
- Items that have been altered from their original state in such a way to make them ineligible for restocking/reselling (this includes modifications to the item made after delivery as well as wear and tear from use).
- Items without their original packaging
- Items postmarked for return 30 days or more after the date of delivery (unless approved by 1st Choice)
- Items with an expired RGA (RGAs expire after 10 business days. To return an item with an expired RGA, a new RGA number must be acquired. Applications for new RGAs may be denied)
- Custom Items that are marked with label Special Order cannot be returned. You can always request swatches before ordering
- Items shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or international addresses
- Items that are made-to-order with modifications not normally done by the manufacturer at the customer’s request
Cancellations but be submitted via our Contact Us page within 24 hours of the order being placed. If the order is cancelled after 24 hours, we will make our best efforts to cancel the order and will respond to your cancellation request via email. If you purchased an item that is subject to restocking fees and the order has already been placed or shipped, a restocking fees will apply.